Pages

Blog Archive

Monday, February 27, 2017

Chapter 14 review | Michael Greenlee


Chapter 14 was about argument essays and how to improve writing them. Something that stuck out to me the most was remembering the audience, especially when it comes to the counter-argument. When writing an argument essay it's difficult for everyone to agree with you, so when you're writing the counter-argument it's very important to understand what your audience who appose your thought is thinking. For those who can properly expect the reaction to their essay and counter it in the argument, can expect their essay to be much more valid and understood. Especially in my writing the audience often wasn't something I considered. Something I will apply directly into my own writing is the planning phase, on top of the audience. One style of planning they showed was claim, grounds, warrant; this style of planning is really effective for making a strong argument and actually having evidence or substance to back up a claim. I expect that once I plan my writing this way then add some considered argument towards the audience, my writing will improve drastically. 

Michael Greenlee

No comments:

Post a Comment