Pages

Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Chapter 11 reading response | Michael Greenlee



• Your Personal Reaction:   what stuck out to you when you read this? Anything surprising? Did 

you learn anything new? What excited you, or angered, or perplexed you? Any tangents about 
your own experience with the topics you’d like to relate?
I didn't learn a lot of new content about comparing and contrasting, because I did have a good general idea before. Some transitions and direct sourcing stuck out to me since that would be a great way to improve my writing in the future. In my past writing, my transitions haven't been nearly as strong as they possibly could have been. I also found it was interesting to introduce the first comparison before introducing either of the pages to set the stage. Initially I would have thought I would jump into comparing the two sites immediately.
• Your Professional Reaction:   as a student who’s gathering data for learning/future quizzes, what do you think are the most important points in the reading? Anything you wish was elaborated on more?
I think the transitions and layouts of the writing were really the most important. When you introduce each of your subjects to compare can really make a difference in the quality of the essay. I was pleasantly surprised to see how nice it was when they laid out the sentences with and without transitions. I really didn't expect again, how big of a difference they made.
• An image: find or create an image to go along with the theme/s you’ve written about. Use 
creative commons/public domain images whenever possible, and cite the source of the image properly. 
See above :)
• Your byline: this is your online signature.
Michael Greenlee 

No comments:

Post a Comment